Thursday, June 5, 2014

POEMS BY THE AUTHOR

DRESSED FOR DINNER (by E. Douglas Brown)

The existential smell of death
From the decaying corpse
Upon my table.
Rotting flesh smothered in gravy.
Squishy brain matter
Spread across my toast.
Eyeballs taste like olives;
Finger food for my guest
"Hey! Shoes aren't allowed on the table."
The aromatic stench of my best friend.
Dressed for dinner
And good enough to eat.


___________________________________________________________


NO REPLY (by E. Douglas Brown)

I am lonely
Said the crow
To the sky
As he began to fly
-No Reply-


_____________________________________________________________

MY HEART IS NO LONGER FOR RENT (by E. Douglas Brown)

I sit and watch the day break
Notice lovers as they seperate
At the end of the day
They show their love didn't stray

I sit and watch daylight dissipate
Wonder why my love is late
And as night closes in
Lovers continue with their sin
I lay in my bed and wonder why
Love I send out I receive no reply
And as I fall asleep
My loneliness makes me weep


______________________________________________________________

FADING THOUGHTS (BY E. Douglas Brown)

Higher thinking
My thoughts are blinking
My sanity is sinking
"Thoughts overboard"
Should I recapitulate
Or is it too late
As my thoughts ambulate
"Death I cannot afford"

No comments:

Post a Comment